CAR BRAS by COVERCRAFT Free shipping
Originally started in Germany, where Porsche covered the front of each car as it came off the production line prior to a shake-down run around their famous test track, masks have long been considered a necessity for any car owner wanting to protect the area of the car that takes the most abuse on the road - the front end, especially the leading edge of the hood and any painted areas around the grille.
Quality features you'll find in every Covercraft mask:
• Protective air intake screens are an integral part of the mask, not separate, and they are sewn into the outside of the mask so there are no loose pieces of material inside to abrade the paint surface.
• Covered aluminum tabs allow adjustment at the fender wells as vinyl expands and contracts due to temperature. Take a look at a non-adjustable mask being driven down the road and you'll see why this is an important feature.
• Reinforced air foils prevent flapping and lift. Very few patterns don't require this feature; there is just too much air whipping around the front of your vehicle as it goes down the road, like cross-winds and back drafts from passing semi trucks.
• We use a micro-perforated finish on our vinyl. It allows the mask to "breathe" and permits moisture vapor to evaporate when the vehicle is driven in wet weather. Still, if a mask becomes wet and is going to be left sitting in the sun, we recommend it be removed to allow the backing to dry properly.
• Our heavy-gauge leather grain vinyl has a soft, protective backing. We use white non-woven fleece so you can easily see when it's time to clean the back-side of the mask.
• Seams are overlapped and finished with a strong, durable top stitch. Edges are covered with soft, non-abrasive felt-rimmed bindings.
For maximum protection you can't beat a full front mask. They cover the bumper area (some truck models do not cover the bumper, to allow for installation of lights, grille guards, etc.) and the leading portion of the hood area. MM Series masks are a little more difficult to install, since the hood piece is separate and must be lined up with the fender area mask for a good installation. But the finished product is worth the effort! We usually screen radiator openings because we feel it's important to protect the maximum front area possible. We have done plenty of testing over the years to confirm that the screen does not increase the engine temperature. There are some applications that just won't allow the use of screening, but not many. Some applications, like Firebirds and some Corvette models, have the hood opening so far back that a hood piece isn't required. These unique patterns are noted in our application guide.
Originally, masks were designed as one-piece units, for easy installation and maximum protection. This made them easy to use at the factory test track. Over the years mask design has evolved into the two-piece style, but we still have some patterns for older specialty vehicles that are in the one-piece design.
MM Series Bra Only $92.99
M Series Bra Only $109.99
This popular "West Coast" style is also known as as a "bikini" mask. Hood masks protect the front of the hood from rock chips and dings. Tailored for a smoother look, this style is available for most pickups and some vans. Compact pickup patterns include a colorful custom-embroidered "Mini-Motion" logo.
MB & MT Series Bra Only $65.99
Mini-masks were designed to protect the area of the hood that takes the most abuse. The front area before the break of a hood is normally where most of the bugs hit and road damage occurs. This style of mask offers an economical alternative to a full front mask and is easy to store when not in use.
MN Series Bra Only $65.99
The hood protector with a built-in bug deflector. At the top of the hood curve we've added a reinforced bug deflector to create a swirling wind action that will divert most bugs, dirt and debris away from the windshield. Unlike hard plastic bug deflectors, our Deflector-Protector can be removed in minutes and stored in the trunk or behind the seat in a pickup. There are no holes to drill or hardware to attach, it installs quickly and easily using an envelope design and tightening strap under the hood to hold it securely in place.
MD & MH Series Bra Only $55.99
If you have a question about a car bra please use the spaces below to contact us by e-mail. We will respond within 24 hrs.